أسئلة اختيار من متعدد باللغة الإنجليزية للوحدة العاشرة Gases من كتاب CHEMISTRY THE CENTRAL SCIENCE
هذه الأسئلة أيضا تغطي :
- الوحدة الخامسة: Gases من كتاب Chemistry 13th edition by: Raymond Chang and Jason Overby
- الوحدة الخامسة: Gases من كتاب Chemistry 9th edition by: Zumdhal
(باللون الأحمر هي الإجابة الصحيحة)
1. How many Newtons of force does a gas at a pressure of 325 torr exert on an area of 5.5 m2?
A) 1.8 x 103 N B) 59 N C) 2.4 x 105 N D) 0.017 N E) 101 N
2. Which one of the following is not true about a Pascal?
A) 1 Pa = 1N/m2 B) it is the SI unit for pressure
C) 1 atm = 101325 Pa D) 1 Pa = 100 torr
3. The left end of an open-end manometer was attached to a container of neon at a pressure of 683 torr. The right arm of the manometer was attached to a container of helium. Calculate the pressure of the helium if the mercury in the left arm of the manometer was 9.92 cm higher than the mercury in the right arm and atmospheric pressure was 788 torr.
A) 673 torr B) 778 torr C) 782 torr D) 583 torr
4. A 24.2 g of a gas initially at 4.00 atm is compressed from 8.00 L to 2.00 L at constant temperature. What is the resulting pressure in atm of the gas?
A) 4.00 B) 2.00 C) 1.00 D) 8.00 E) 16.0
5. At what temperature is the volume of an ideal gas zero?
A) 0 °C B) –45 °F C) -273 K D) -363 K E) –273 °C
6. A balloon originally had a volume of 4.39 L at 44 °C and a pressure of 729 torr. To what temperature must the balloon be cooled to reduce its volume to 3.78 L if the pressure is constant?
A) 38 °C B) 0 °C C) 72.9 °C D) 273 °C
7. How many additional moles of gas would have to be added to a flask containing 2.00 moles of gas at 25 °C and 1.00 atm pressure in order to increase the pressure to 1.60 atm under conditions of constant temperature and volume?
A) 0.800 B) 1.00 C) 1.20 D) 3.20
8. If 50.75 g of a gas occupies 10.0 L at STP, what will be the volume in L occupied by 129.3 g of the gas at STP?
A) 3.92 B) 50.8 C) 12.9 D) 25.5 E) 5.08
9. 12.28 g H2 occupies 100.0 L at 400 K and 2.00 atm. What volume in L would 9.49 g H2 occupy at 353 K and 2.00 atm?
A) 109 B) 68.2 C) 54.7 D) 147 E) 77.3
10. 1.9 moles of gas are in a flask at 21 °C and 697 mm Hg. The flask is opened and more gas is placed in the flask. The new pressure is 795 mm Hg and the temperature is now 26 °C. How many moles of gas are now in the flask?
A) 1.6 B) 2.1 C) 2.9 D) 3.5
11. 3.00 L of an ideal gas in a closed container at 25.0 °C and 76.0 mm Hg is heated to 300 °C. What is the pressure (in mm Hg) of the gas at this temperature?
A) 912 B) 146 C) 76.5 D) 39.5
12. Calculate the density of ammonia gas in a 4.32 L container at 837 torr and 45 °C.
A) 3.86 g/L B) 0.719 g/L C) 0.432 g/L D) 0.194 g/L
13. 2.49 g of a gas was found to occupy a volume of 752 mL at 1.98 atm and 62 °C. Which one of the following could be the gas?
A) SO2 B) SO3 C) NH3 D) NO2 E) Ne
14. Which of the following gases has a density of 0.900 g/L at STP?
A) CH4 B) Ne C) CO D) N2 E) NO
15. Which gas is least dense at 1.00 atm and 298 K?
A) SO2 B) HF C) CO D) NO
16. A quantity of N2 gas originally held at 3.80 atm pressure in a 1.00 L container at 26 °C. A quantity of O2 gas originally at 4.75 atm and 26 °C in a 5.00 L container. Both samples were transferred to a new 10.0 L container at 20 °C. What is the total pressure in atm) in the new container?
A) 0.372 B) 2.33 C) 2.70 D) 2.76
17. What is the pressure in a 12.2 L vessel that contains 2.34 g of carbon dioxide, 1.73 g of sulfur dioxide, and 3.33 g of argon at 42 °C?
A) 263 torr B) 134 torr C) 395 torr D) 116 torr
18. 3.0 L of He gas at 5.6 atm pressure and 25 °C and 4.5 L of Ne gas at 3.6 atm and 25 °C are combined at constant temperature into a 9.0 L flask. What is the total pressure (in atm) in the 9.0 L flask?
A) 2.6 B) 9.2 C) 1.0 D) 3.7
19. Automobile air bags use the decomposition of sodium azide as their source of gas for rapid inflation: 2NaN3 (s) → 2Na(s) + 3N2(g). How many grams of NaN3 are required to provide 40.0 L of N2 at 25 °C and 763 mm Hg?
A) 1.64 g B) 1.09 g C) 160 g D) 71.2 g E) 107 g
20. How many liters of NH3(g) at STP can be produced by the complete reaction of 7.5 g of H2O according to the equation shown below?
Mg3N2 (s) + 6H2O (l) → 3Mg(OH)2 (aq) + 2NH3 (g)
A) 3.1 L B) 9.3 L C) 19 L D) 28 L
21. In a gas mixture of He, Ne, and Ar of total pressure 8.40 atm, what is the mole fraction of Ar if the respective partial pressures of He and Ne are 1.50 and 2.00 atm?
A) 0.179 B) 0.238 C) 0.357 D) 0.583 E) 0.417
22. A gas mixture of total pressure 4.00 atm and 16.0 total moles contains gases X and Z. If the partial pressure of Z is 2.75 atm, how many moles of X are in the mixture?
A) 11.0 B) 5.00 C) 6.75 D) 9.25 E) 12.0
23. 4.22 g of CuS were reacted with excess HCl and the resulting H2S was collected over water. What volume of H2S was collected at 32 °C when the atmospheric pressure was 749 torr? The vapor pressure of water at this temperature is 36 torr.
CuS(s) + 2HCl(aq) → CuCl2(aq) + H2S(g)
A) 850 L B) 0.124 L C) 0.587 L D) 1.18 L
24. A mixture is prepared from 15.0 L of NH3 and 15.0 L of Cl2 measured at the same conditions, and then reacted according to the following equation:
2NH3 (g) + 3Cl2 (g) → N2 (g) + 6HCl (g)
When the reaction is completed, what is the volume of each gas measured at the same conditions (NH3, Cl2, N2, and HCl, respectively)?
A) 0.00 L, 5.00 L, 7.50 L, 45.0 L B) 5.00 L, 0.00 L, 5.00 L, 30.0 L
C) 0.00 L, 0.00 L, 7.50 L, 45.0 L D) 0.00 L, 0.00 L, 5.00 L, 30.0 L
E) 0.00 L, 10.0 L, 15.0 L, 90.0 L
25. Which one of the following gases will diffuse the fastest at a given temperature?
A) NH3 B) CH4 C) Ar D) HBr
26. A tank containing both HF and HBr gases developed a leak. Which gas will effuse faster and by what factor?
A) HF,4 B) HBr,4 C) HF,2 D) HBr,2
27. Arrange the following gases in order of increasing average molecular speed at 25 °C. He, O2, CO2, N2
A) He, N2, O2, CO2 B) He, O2, N2, CO2
C) CO2, O2, N2, He D) CO2, N2, O2, He
28. A sample of oxygen gas was found to effuse at a rate equal to three times that of an unknown gas. What is the molecular weight of the unknown gas?
A) 288 B) 96 C) 55 D) 4
29. Helium gas (He) effused through a pinhole in 53 seconds. An equivalent amount of an unknown gas, under the same conditions, effused through the hole in 248 seconds. What is the molecular weight of the unknown gas?
A) 0.18 g/mol B) 5.5 g/mol C) 88 g/mol D) 18.7 g/mol
30. At 200 K, the molecules or atoms of an unknown gas, X, have an average velocity equal to that of Ar atoms at 400 K. What is X? (Assume ideal behavior)
A) He B) CO C) HF D) HBr E) F2
مقالات قد تفيدك :